The IRS Form SS4 is also known as the “Application for Employer Identification Number.” Any entity which needs to pay federal taxes or hire employees will need to fill out the IRS Form SS4. Then, where should people fax SS4 to IRS? It depends on the principal business, office or agency, or legal residence in the case of an individual.
What is SS4 Form?
An SS4 form is a tax form used for small business owners in the United States to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). An EIN is a 9-digit number (for example, 12-3456789) assigned to employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, certain individuals, and other entities for tax filing and reporting purposes. The form asks for information about the business or entity requesting the EIN, such as its name, address, and the nature of its business activities. It also asks for the name and Social Security number of the person applying for the EIN.
Can You Fax SS4 to IRS?
Yes. SS4 form can be submitted by fax or mail. Submitting the SS4 form to IRS by fax has a high degree of convenience while ensuring security.
How to File Form 8655 to IRS?
Applicants in the U.S. or U.S. possessions can apply for and receive an EIN on IRS.gov for free. International applicants can also apply by telephone at 267-941-1099.
Most people prefer to fax the SS4 form to IRS because mail is time-consuming and unreliable. By fax, all you need to do is a phone call and then wait generally 4 business days to get your EIN. By mail, however, you need to complete the form and send it out at least 4 to 5 weeks in advance to receive your EIN on demand, and this can only be achieved with an error-free postal service. International applicants can also apply by calling 267-941-1099.
|If your principal business, office or agency, or legal residence in the case of an individual, is located in||Mail or Fax Form SS-4 to:|
|one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia||Internal Revenue Service|
Attn: EIN Operation
Cincinnati, OH 45999
Fax: (855) 641-6935
|If you have no legal residence, principal office, or principal agency in any state or the District of Columbia (international/U.S. possessions)||Mail or Fax Form SS-4 to:|
Internal Revenue Service
Attn: EIN International Operation
Cincinnati, OH 45999
Fax: (855) 215-1627 (within the U.S.)
Fax: (304) 707-9471 (outside the U.S.)
You can obtain the PDF version of Form SS4 here.
How to Fax Form SS4 to IRS?
There are three common ways that people fax SS4 to the IRS – fax from the personal fax machine, fax from the public fax machine and fax from online services. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Fax SS4 to IRS from a Fax Machine:
- Download the SS4 form from irs.gov.
- Get it printed out on paper.
- Fill out the form seriously according to the specific instructions.
- Check the content again and put the paper form into the document feeder.
- Dial the fax number. You can find it here. For example, if you have a principal place of business, office or agency, or legal residence in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia, you can fax to 855-641-6935.
- Send and Wait for the confirmation of the fax transmission.
Fax SS4 to IRS from an Online Fax App:
- Download the SS4 form from irs.gov to your device and fill it out.
- Open the app and enter the fax number.
- Attach the SS4 form from your device.
- Preview before you send.
- Keep track of the fax status.
- Applying EIN and submitting the SS4 form by fax is more reliable than by mail.
- Online fax is the best way to transmit the SS4 form due to its convenience and flexibility.