Using your iPhone to send and receive fax pages around the world is nothing special in a digital world where everything can be done through the Internet. Your mobile phone is just like a portable fax machine in your pocket.
Since exploring and comparing which fax app has the best fax performance and suits you best is quite time-consuming and troublesome, we made a list of the 5 best free fax apps on the market for iPhone below.
FAX from iPhone
FAX from iPhone is an application only compatible with iOS and iPad systems, excluding the Android system. It enables users to fax from iPhone or iPad in over 90 international countries, send any file type as a fax, track sent documents status anytime and anywhere.
- Fax in 90+ international countries
- Advanced document scanner & image processing
- Combine multiple documents into a single fax
- Preview any document before sending
- Upload any types of documents
- Track sent documents status
Free (In-App Purchases start from $9.99)
Dingtone FAX has to be mentioned in terms of sending and receiving faxes from anywhere, anytime with iPhone, iPad, or Android devices. It provides you with a local or international number to fax to more than 100 countries. Besides, scanning, file editing, page combining, cover page, and signature adding are all available in this wonderful app. This FAX app supports all popular formats and third parties. It even offers you a thorough guide about online fax services on its website, which is helpful for people who just installed their first online fax app.
Funded by Dingtone, Dingtone FAX has dramatically benefited from the enormous pools of phone numbers for local and international and optimal customer service accumulated after 7 years’ business.
- Get a local U.S. phone number to send fax
- Fast fax to any mobile or landline in 100+ countries worldwide;
- Create fax from your photo library or by scanning anything you like
- Fax files, docs, pdf, photos and more from your Phone or Cloud
- Photo editing allowed for a better look before sending
- Preview any document before sending
- Combine multiple files into one single fax
- Add cover page to your fax for a more professional look
- Multiple Fax cover sheet templates to choose from
- Choose a contact from your address book to fax directly
- Get notified when your fax is sent and delivered successfully
Free (In-App Purchases start from $7.99)
FAX.PLUS is a secure, reliable, cross-platform, and super easy to use online fax service. It enables you to effortlessly send fax from your iPhone to any country. Unlike RingCentral, you are able to insert your electronic signature on FAX.PLUS.
The most brilliant function of FAX.PLUS is that the faxes can be scheduled to be sent at a defined time and date. You can set the time you want to transmit the document automatically. In addition, the security of this app is also first-class. With two-factor authentication, TLS encryption, and world-class server infrastructure, your fax process is totally protected.
• Send fax from email (email to fax)
• Programmable fax API
• Scan documents with your mobile camera
• Upload and attach your documents
• Add a cover page to your fax
• Sign your documents or faxes and send them back without printing them
• Schedule your fax to be sent at a defined date and time
• Retry for failed faxes feature available in the options of the Send Fax page. All failed to send faxes will be re-sent at an interval you define.
• Receive notification of your sent and received faxes to your email address
• HIPAA Compliant Faxing
Free (In-App Purchases start from $4.99)
Fax Burner can turn iPhone/iPad/iPod into a fax machine to enable its users to send and receive fax from any place and at any time. Users are allowed to sign documents, sign forms and fax them back out without ever printing. Moreover, users are allowed to directly attach files from their Dropbox and most third-party storage.
- Each fax received is stored as a PDF that you can email wherever you want.
- Sign and complete forms electronically.
- Integration with your inbox and dropbox.
- Saves paper and the environment.
- A special fax alert tone notifies you instantly of your new fax.
Free (In-App Purchases start from $99.99)
Tiny Fax is an application for online fax with 7 years’ development and millions of users around the world. It covers multiple document types including books, receipts, notes, photos, IDs, passports, whiteboards, posters, cards, letters, newspapers, screens, licenses, menus, certificates, music scores, etc. Enabling users to send and receive faxes anywhere and anytime, Tiny Fax provides extra features to better serve users such as document status tracking, file editing, etc.
- Fax from iPhone to numbers over 50 countries over the world
- Add important sender and recipient information to a well-designed cover and sent the cover for FREE
- Upload documents to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, iCloud Drive
- Check all sending status at a glance and get every success or failure notification
- Organize documents and archive them into groups
Free (In-App Purchases start from $5.99)
My Fax App
My Fax App is a neat app for online fax because it covers no extra features but sending and receiving faxes from the phone. It enables users to confidentially and directly share and receive documents and information from the phone.
- Choose a local or toll-free fax number at no extra cost
- Send and/or receive up to 300 pages per month
- Receive and view faxes on your iPhone or iPad
- Upload files from Dropbox, Box or Drive, or scan faxes with your camera
- Personalized cover page
- Store faxes online as PDF with unlimited cloud storage
- Print faxes using Apple AirPrint
- 24/7 Customer Support
Free (In-App Purchases start from $8.99)
eFax is also a popular fax app powered by a reliable online fax service. With eFax, you can rest assured your critical fax will get delivered. You can create and send faxes using an iPhone camera, cloud storage, or email attachments like a mobile fax machine from this free fax app. But its monthly fee is higher compared to other online fax service providers.
Notably, eFax allows you to send more than 170 standard file formats, which includes almost virtually all standard file types such as PDF, PS, JEPG, and more.
- Choose a local or toll-free fax number
- Send faxes to 200+ countries worldwide
- Edit and sign faxes
- Scan documents and upload files from your device.
- Include an optional custom cover page
- Save documents in the cloud with unlimited storage
- Print faxes using Air Print Forward documents from your phone by fax or email Manage personal and business contact lists Tag and access faxes conveniently on your mobile device
- Includes options to fax by email or from the eFax website
Free (In-App Purchases start from $16.99)
iFax enables its users to send fast faxes from iPhone or iPad. Based on the webcam on iPhone or iPad, users are able to scan paper documents and convert them into electronic files and select the personalized cover page for any fax document so as to protect the sent faxes from being read by unrelated people.
- Combine multiple documents into a single fax
- Cloud storage platforms supported
- Scan documents with your mobile camera
- HIPAA compliant
- Inbound faxing
- Customizable cover page templates
- 24/7 Technical Support
Free (In-App Purchases start from $14.99)
What Should be Considered when Choosing a Free Fax App on iPhone?
Now that there are multiple fax apps available on App Store, it’s essentially important and necessary to pick the best app from the piles. Before downloading a fax app from App Store, the following elements should be well considered so as to make an optimal decision.
Your budget can’t decide all but truly can’t be neglected. That’s also why “Free” is always the top attraction when it comes to any product. It’s been widely accepted that free apps are hardly free because your privacy and information are what they really want. The fax app you’re going to choose must stay within your budget or your company’s budget if a fax app is a must-use tool for the office.
Your Fax Frequency
Based on the cost of fax apps above, it’s clear that different fax packages are differently priced with different fax pages and features. Therefore, it’s of great necessity to analyze your fax frequency and pages per month so as to choose the best fax app or plan.
Your Fax Requirement
Different fax apps provide different features. What you should be clear about includes your fax document types, fax features, etc. Your fax requirement determines what type of fax app should be used.