You may have downloaded a suitable online fax app but are troubled by how to start using it, or you are at a loss when this is your first time using a large fax machine. Don’t worry, we provide you with a guide on how to fax paper from a fax machine or your mobile phone.
How to Fax a Paper from a Fax Machine
In the first place, you have to obtain a fax machine with paper, ink toner, and a dedicated phone line to send or receive fax pages from a fax machine. It usually takes the following steps:
- Check whether the fax machine is powered on and make sure the paper and ink are inserted;
- Lay the fax documents either face-up or face-down in the fax machine feeder tray with the cover sheet on top if you have one;
- Dial the fax number of the recipient (make sure if country code or area code is needed);
- Press the fax button to send fax pages;
- The recipient will receive a paper file coming out of their fax machine.
How to Fax a Paper from a Smartphone
Sending a fax from your smartphone is much easier, the following steps are usually called for:
- Download and install an online fax application such as Dingtone FAX on your smartphone;
- Create a valid account on the fax app and get your online fax number;
- Fill in the fax number of the recipient (make sure if country code and area code is needed);
- Add a cover sheet to your fax file indicating the basic information about your fax;
- Scan your file with your phone camera or directly attach your file in the cloud or third-party file storage services to your fax;
- Click the send button to finish faxing.
Traditional Faxing vs Online Faxing
Traditional faxing is quite limited since you have to obtain a fax machine and a dedicated telephone line to transmit documents. The big chunky machine is also immovable, which means you can’t take it when you are out. The signal transmission and scanning process of faxing from a machine may also slow down your fax speed.
However, online faxing allows you to send or receive fax pages from anywhere at any time. You can choose to fax from your computer, your smartphone, or your email freely. All your faxing procedures can be completed on your device with a few clicks. You can save money since you don’t have to buy a fax machine, paper, and ink toner.
Generally, online faxing outweighs traditional faxing in many ways. It is cheaper, faster, greener, and more accessible. By saving space and storage in your office, your files are more organized.
If you want to fax from a fax machine, it is essential to have a fax machine with paper, ink toner, and a dedicated phone line.
Sending a fax from your smartphone is much easier because you only need to download a fax app and with an internet connection on your device.
In many ways, online faxing outperforms traditional faxing. It is less expensive, faster, greener, and easier to use.