In business and daily life, it usually occurs that a PDF needs faxing from PC. This article will tell you everything about faxing PDF from PC.
Why is it necessary to fax PDF?
PDF is one of the most commonly used file formats. It’s been widely used in important files like contracts, manuals, application forms, and scanned documents because the PDF format makes files read-only ones to stop from being edited by random readers.
Is fax still needed today?
Definitely yes. One of the essential advantages of fax lies in its validity and legality because it keeps a file what it is. PDF files can be sent in email but email system fails to let you add a signature if necessary. If the PDF document is a contract, a signature is surely required and an email apparently can’t make it.
Can you send a PDF via fax from your PC?
The answer is also yes.
On one hand, it should be clarified whether you can fax from your PC or not. It surely can be achieved. Online fax service allows you to directly fax a PDF document from your PC without the need to print it. An online fax service is got via an online fax application that is capable of having access to the files from any party including email, Google Docs, Google Drive and other cloud storages. Therefore, as long as an online fax app is installed on your PC, you’ll be able to fax from PC.
On the other hand, a PDF document can be directly faxed via an online fax app because all documents will be accessible when the online fax app wants to reach.
How do I fax a PDF from my PC?
To fax a PDF from PC, either a traditional fax machine or an online fax app can be used with their own steps:
Fax a PDF from PC via a Fax Machine
- Step 1. Download and install fax driver software on your PC.
- Step 2. Find your PDF document out and open it.
- Step 3. Click “File” > “Fax” and select the right fax machine to finish up faxing.
Fax a PDF from PC via an Online Fax App
- Step 1. Download and install FAX app on your PC.
- Step 2. Register for an account on the app and purchase a fax plan based on your demands.
- Step 3. Fill the recipient’s fax number in the corresponding blank on the fax app.
- Step 4. Drag the PDF document or directly attach a PDF document from email, cloud, etc.
- Step 5. Edit your PDF document like adding a signature or cover sheet.
- Step 6. Click the “Send” button to finish faxing.
How to sign a PDF before faxing from PC?
As is mentioned above, a PDF is a file format widely used by important files and your signature is usually needed for confirmation. Online fax app allows you to add a signature to your PDF file before faxing. Moreover, your signature can be stored in the fax app so that it can be conveniently used other time.
To sign a PDF before faxing from PC, the following steps should be followed:
- Step 1. Click the “Sign” button on the online fax app.
- Step 2. Sign your name on the corresponding space with your mouse.
- Step 3. Your generated signature can be zoomed out or in to be enlarged or shrunk until it reaches an ideal size.
- PDF documents are always needed to be faxed out due to their read-only feature and validity.
- PDF documents can be faxed from PC through either a traditional fax machine or an online fax app.
- Online fax app makes PDF easily and flexibly faxed from PC and signatures can be added to fax, compatible with the custom demands.