Although faxing documents is still very common in many industries, the fax header is quite unfamiliar to most people, let alone people who have never touched a fax machine. With easy access to the Internet, you can find fax header examples online without any difficulty. We’ll also explain what a fax header is and how to write it below for you.
What is Fax Header and What is the Purpose of a Fax Header?
Fax header is a very important part of a fax document, especially for commercial or legal faxes. It contains a lot of necessary information that indicates the identity of the fax, for example, data, time, the fax number, and the sender’s name.
Many people may overlook the fax header since it will appear automatically at the top of your fax pages after you set up the machine at the beginning. The fax header is used to help companies confirm the correctness of the receiving documents and record accurate fax time, which is sometimes very important.
What Should be Covered in Fax Header
Fax headers serve as a confirmation that documents are transmitted successfully, which businesses keep establishing a paper trail. So, it must include the following elements:
Typically, the fax header includes the exact date and time when the fax machine begins its transmission. Some fax machines will use the same date and time for each page while others don’t. You also have to make sure that your fax machine is set to the correct time zone.
The name of the sender is also part of the fax header, which can tell the people who sent the fax document. You can also change it on your fax machine by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
There is no doubt that the fax number is indispensable in a fax header. It will also be convenient to transmit documents back with the fax number on the fax header. But many companies use a different fax number to receive faxes. You have to make sure of that.
How to Set Up the Fax Header?
For HP printers, you can set up the fax header by using the HP software provided with the printer or set up the fax header from the printer control panel.
To set or change the fax header
- From the printer control panel display, touch Setup .
- Touch Fax Setup , and then touch Preferences .
- Touch Fax Header.
- Enter your personal or company name, and then touch Done .
- Enter your fax number, and then touch Done .
Most online fax apps deliver the function of fax header customization, which means you don’t have to transmit documents from a big fax machine anymore. Setting a fax header is also super easy within an online fax app. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get a custom fax header on the Dingtone FAX app:
- First, download the Dingtone FAX app on your phone and install it.
- Then, create a valid account of your own.
- If you want to have a fax header when sending a document, the procedures are similar to adding a cover sheet.
- Then, scan or upload your file that’s ready to be faxed out.
- Remember to save your changes or preferences.
- Fax header is a very important part of a fax document that helps companies confirm the correctness of the receiving documents and record accurate fax time.
- The fax header contains a lot of necessary information that indicates the identity of the fax, for example, data, time, the fax number, and the sender’s name.
- Most online fax apps deliver the function of fax header customization, which means you don’t have to transmit documents from a big fax machine anymore.