Most online fax service providers on the market support adding attachments from third parties, including cloud storage providers like Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. Regrettably, many people don’t know how to send a fax from Google Docs, so they can’t take full advantage of their online fax applications.
How do I send a fax from Google Docs? You will find the answer in the following content.
What is Google Docs and How does It Work?
Google Docs is an online word processor that is available both on your mobile phone and desktop. According to Wikipedia, Google Docs allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating with other users in real-time, which is quite efficient and practical.
It is said that you can create and modify text documents straight in your web browser with Google Docs—no special software is required. Even better, numerous people may work at the same time, you can see other people’s changes as they happen, and every modification is automatically saved.
Can I Fax Documents from Google Docs?
Due to its strong functions, Google Docs is widely used by many companies to promote work efficiency. In the case of COVID-19, Google Docs played an even more important role in the collaboration of teamwork.
Online fax systems have the advantage of reducing costs, improving work efficiency, and protecting the earth’s environment. You can fax from anywhere at any time without paper or a dedicated fax line. It integrates the security of faxing and the flexibility of email, which is an ideal option for people who need to send or receive fax these days.
How to Send a Fax from Google Docs
Send a Fax from Google Docs on Smartphone
- Step1: Download and install the Dingtone FAX app on your smartphone. Create your own account.
- Step2: Fill in the fax number of the recipient, either local or international.
- Step3: Add a cover sheet to your fax file indicating the basic information about your fax.
- Step4: Attach your fax file from Google Docs to your fax.
- Step5: Follow the steps of editing and previewing, and you’ll be able to send your fax successfully.
Send a Fax from Google Docs on Computer
- Step1: Get the online fax tool on your computer and access your fax account from your computer.
- Step2: Find the “Send Fax” area and create new fax.
- Step3: Fill in the fax number of the recipient and add a cover page if necessary.
- Step4: Attach your document from Google Docs.
- Step5: If all the information is well prepared, hit the “Send” button.
- Google Docs allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating with other users in real-time, which is quite efficient and practical.
- You are supposed to fax a document from Google Docs as long as you have signed up for an online fax application like Dingtone FAX.
- Online fax integrates the security of faxing and the flexibility of email, which is an ideal option for people who need to send or receive a fax these days.