As laptops are widely used in all fields of life, the necessity dramatically goes up to fax from the laptop. How to fax from a laptop, then? This article will provide you a guide below.
Necessity and Convenience to Fax from Laptop
It’s quite common to see laptops used in business situations. Laptops are easy to be carried here and there and they are accessible to nearly all devices like projectors, printers, or fax machines.
Faxes are still needed today in legal, governmental, and commercial fields based on their high validity and legality that is difficult to get from an email or other online messaging services. With a fax header and signature added to the fax, its validity and legality, therefore, go up as well.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Fax from Laptop
Generally speaking, no matter what operating system your laptop features, there are mainly two ways to fax from a laptop: via a fax machine and via an online fax service.
How to Fax from Laptop via a Fax Machine
To fax from a laptop via a fax machine, you should prepare the hardware and software below:
- The driver software of the fax machine that’s to be used;
- A fax machine compatible with the operating system of your laptop;
- Access to the Internet
- Plugin cable connecting your laptop and the fax machine. That’s not needed if the connection between them is achieved through Bluetooth or WiFi.
To fax from a laptop via a fax machine, the following steps should be conformed to:
- Step 1. Download and install driver software of the fax machine on your laptop.
- Step 2. Open the fax machine driver application and the file you’d like to send in the fax.
- Step 3. Click the “File”, select “Fax” and find the corresponding fax machine type number.
- Step 4. With the recipient’s fax number filled, your fax document edited and signed, click the “Send” button to finish up your fax.
How to Fax from Laptop via Fax App
To fax from a laptop via the Fax app, you should prepare nothing but the online fax app compatible with the operating system of your laptop.
To fax from a laptop via the fax app, the following steps should be conformed to:
- Step 1. Download and install the fax app on your laptop.
- Step 2. Open the app, create an account and purchase a fax plan on it.
- Step 3. With the recipient’s fax number filled, your fax document edited and signed, click the “Send” button to finish up your fax via the fax app.
Online Fax App: Adding a Fax Feature to Your Laptop
With traditional fax machines and online fax app compared, the latter features more obvious advantages.
Online fax app adds a fax feature to laptop, leading a laptop to be a portable fax machine. As long as there’s access to the Internet, your laptop can be used to fax at any time and place.
Online fax app saves your faxing cost because one fax plan usually covers unlimited fax pages and a fax number, local or international. Compared with traditional fax machines calling for a fax machine and a dedicated landline, an online fax app helps you to cut the overall cost.
The online fax app installed on your laptop makes it a personal fax machine that is able to protect your documents from being visited by the public.
It’s quite necessary to fax from your laptop because of the wide application of laptops and the importance of fax today.
Two ways are available for you to fax from a laptop: via a fax machine and via an online fax app.
Online fax app adds a fax feature to your laptop, leading your laptop to be a personal fax machine.