Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular free email providers in the world. Obviously, we can send emails from Microsoft Outlook. Then can we send a fax from Outlook? The answer is, Yes. Faxing documents through email using Microsoft Outlook has the advantages of reducing costs, saving resources, and improving efficiency. There is no doubt that sending a fax by email can not only help you transmit a document in an emergency without a fax machine, but it is also very convenient and quick to operate.
Send a Fax from Outlook 365 on the Computer
If your computer runs Windows, you can use the faxing feature called Windows Fax and Scan which is built into Outlook and other Microsoft software. To use this feature, you need to connect your computer to a fax modem or a network fax server.
To send a fax, open Windows Fax and Scan and click on “new fax.” A form pops up with all the fields you need to fill in. You can fill the fax number manually or select a fax number from Microsoft Outlook contacts. You can also add a fax cover sheet. Then simply attach the document(s) or pictures to be faxed to the message and click “Send.”
Another way is using an online fax service. The steps are just the same as the steps on a smartphone or tablet.
Send a Fax from Outlook 365 with Online Fax Services
The easiest way to send a fax from Outlook 365 is using an online fax service.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to send a fax from Outlook 365 with an online faxing service.
- Step 1: Compose a new email.
- Step 2: Type your recipient’s fax number followed by @myfaxprovider.com (the domain of the online faxing service) in the “To” field. For eFax, the domain is @efaxsend.com; for Fax Plus, it is @fax.plus. (Include area code and country code if you are sending international fax)
- Step 3: Fill in information in the subject line and email body if you want to add a cover letter.
- Step 4: Attach the PDF, DOC, or TXT files you want to fax.
- Step 5: Hit the “Send” button, just like sending an email. You will be notified if your fax is sent successfully.
Send a Fax from Outlook 365 on a Smartphone or Tablet
If you want to send an email attachment file by fax on your smartphone or tablet, you can also do it with a fax app like Dingtone Fax.
- Download Dingtone Fax
- Open the email and tap on the attachment file
- Open it with Dingtone Fax, and then you will jump to the Dingtone Fax app
- Fill in the recipient’s fax number and add a cover page.
- Edit your document or add a signature when necessary.
- Hit the “Send” button and your fax will be sent immediately.