Online fax has been extraordinarily popular in recent days because of on one hand its convenience and on the other hand the upcoming necessity due to the popularity of remote work. Online fax allows you to send and receive a fax at any time and place, which is the top 1 advantage traditional fax never achieves. This article will tell you how.
How does Online Fax Work?
Online fax works via the Internet as a form of application on mobile devices including smartphones, tablets, and computers.
When it comes to traditional fax via a fax machine, the general steps include Fax number dialing > Scanning > Transmission.
All the steps can be totally achieved with online fax used.
You don’t need to worry about the high cost of a landline dedicated to fax because an online fax plan usually covers a free fax number, local or international. No extra fees are needed while faxing.
Scanning via an online fax app is achieved through the webcam on the device or digital files can be directly attached to fax from a cloud or storage drive online.
Online Fax Lets You Receive a Fax, Anywhere and Anytime
As an online fax app is installed and used on your mobile device like smartphones or tablets, you’ll be able to receive a fax at any time and place.
Like most applications, you can receive notifications from them as long as you’ve enabled notifications in your mobile device settings. Whenever fax gets to your fax number provided by the fax plan, a notification will be seen on your device screen. Moreover, your fax’s status can be also monitored anytime through the online fax app when you finish sending a fax from the app.
The online fax app’s access to the Internet allows it to be available at any time and place, which is more convenient than a traditional fax machine. The traditional way of fax forces you to stand by a certain fax machine all the time in order not to miss out on the fax file you’ve been waiting for.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Receive a Fax Online
Generally speaking, an online fax app can be used on both computers and phones and different steps should be followed as you want to receive a fax online.
Receive a Fax Online via Computer
- Step 1. Download and install an online fax app on your computer. Keep in mind, the app should be compatible with the operating system of your computer, Windows or macOS.
- Step 2. Create an account on the app and purchase a fax plan that you believe is the best fit for your demands.
- Step 3. The fax plan you’ve bought on the fax app covers a fax number that can be told to fax senders.
- Step 4. Enable notifications from the fax app in the settings of your computer.
- Step 5. Once fax arrives at your computer, you’ll receive a notification and be able to check it as soon as you click it in.
Receive a Fax Online via Phone or Tablet
- Step 1. Download and install the Dingtone Fax app on your smartphone or tablet. It’s compatible with Android and iOS.
- Step 2. Create an account on Fax and purchase a fax plan that you believe is the best fit for your demands.
- Step 3. The fax plan you’ve bought on the Fax app covers a fax number that can be told to fax senders.
- Step 4. Enable notifications from the fax app in the settings of your phone or tablet.
- Step 5. Once fax arrives, you’ll receive a notification and be able to check it as soon as you tap it in.
Online fax allows you to receive and send fax anytime and anywhere and it works as the steps a traditional fax machine follows.
Users are able to receive a fax from either a computer, smartphone, or tablet with the Dingtone Fax app installed.