We live in a digital age in which we have multiple choices of communication tools. It seems that the Internet has made the world smaller and now it is true to communicate with people anytime and anywhere. Outdated methods of communication do still exist. Some people still use landline phones and others still send faxes. In this article, we will tell you how to send a fax from your MacBook Pro if you ever have the intention.
Faxing from MacBook Pro: You Never Know It Unless You Need It
It is essential to send a fax from MacBook Pro, especially for businessmen. Sometimes it is necessary to sign important documents or contracts in emergencies, otherwise, it will affect the normal operation of the company’s business. Fax is of great importance, mainly because of the high legal effects and mandatory requirements by the government or business partners. In many cases, a fax machine is not available. You can choose to fax from MacBook Pro anywhere on earth almost instantly.
How to Send a Fax from MacBook Pro
There are mainly two ways to send a fax from MacBook Pro. One is to use a fax machine, and the other is an online fax service. You can read the following instructions.
Send a Fax from MacBook Pro Using a Fax Machine
You can read the following steps to send a fax from MacBook Pro using a fax machine.
- On a Mac, open the document you want to fax, then choose File > Fax.
- Click the “PDF” pop-up menu, then choose “Fax PDF”.
- Click the “Fax” pop-up menu, then choose your multifunction printer.
- Please do one of the following to enter the fax number:
- Type the fax number in the “To” field.
- If you see the “Contacts” button on the right side of the “To” column, tap it to select a number.
- To paste the number into the “To” field when the “Edit” > “Paste” command is not available, hold down the Control key while clicking the “To” field, then choose “Paste” from the menu that appears
- If the telephone system requires you to dial a prefix to connect to an outside line, please type the prefix in the “Dial Prefix” field.
- If you want to include a cover page, select “Use Cover Page” and enter the subject and information.
- To change options, use the print options pop-up menu (pop-up menu in the divider bar).
- Click “Fax”.
Send a Fax from MacBook Pro Using an Online Fax Service
In many cases, a fax machine is not available. In addition, a public fax machine is deficient in information security. However, sending a fax from MacBook Pro by an online fax service is of high convenience, efficiency and security. Please read the following steps.
- Download and install an online fax app on your MacBook Pro.
- Open the document that you want to fax.
- Click File from the top menu.
- Click the PDF button on the bottom.
- Click Fax PDF from the drop-down menu here.
- Enter the Fax number where you want to send the document in the To field.
- Click Use Cover Page if you want to include a cover page in the fax, you can type a subject line or intro message here as well.
- Click Fax.
How to Receive a Fax from MacBook Pro
Online fax app allows you to receive fax from MacBook Pro whenever and wherever you need. All you need is to connect the Internet!
- Sending a fax from MacBook Pro by an online fax service is of great convenience, security and efficiency.
- You can send a fax from MacBook Pro whenever and wherever you want.
- The steps of sending a fax from MacBook Pro using an online service is simple and easy.