Nextiva Fax is a web-based fax service that lets you send and receive faxes from any Internet-connected device, including tablets and smartphones. The service offers several valuable features, including printing, fax tracking, and document encryption. However, Nextiva Fax isn’t the only option for web-based faxing – there are plenty of alternatives to choose from! Read on to learn more about the best alternative to Nextiva Fax!
What is Nextiva Fax?
Nextiva Fax is a cloud-based faxing service that offers users the ability to send and receive faxes from any device with an internet connection. The service offers a variety of features, including the ability to create custom cover pages, send faxes from email, and track fax activity. Nextiva Fax is also one of the most secure faxing services available, with encryption and password protection for all transmitted data. The app can be downloaded on both iOS and Android devices as well as Windows 10 devices. While Nextiva Fax is an excellent alternative to regular fax machines, it does come at a higher price point than some other providers in the industry; however, this premium comes with many features unavailable elsewhere. For example, Nextiva offers 24/7 customer support via phone.
How does Nextiva Fax Work?
Nextiva operates as a hosted private branch exchange (PBX) using cloud-based communication technology to help you interact within your teams. You can set up an effective VoIP with Nextiva by following the steps:
- Create a Nextiva account and log into the admin dashboard; the portal is where you will build your team and manage it; that’s why it’s important to set a backup or administrator for the phone service.
- Navigate to the administrator and user portals to know how your team will interact with your virtual phone system.
- Set the working hours. Automated features for call forwarding and auto attendance make your job easier in the long run. Planning and designing it early will save lots of time and effort. You won’t have to worry about handling calls over lunch or when on leave.
- Configure team extensions and voicemails. Nextiva allows you to define an extension for everyone and every feature. This is where an organized system is helpful to not just its employees but also to its customers.
- Design your call flow on a canvas with a drag-and-drop feature. Also, export your call flow to have a record for future reference.
- Enable call routing and auto attendants.
- Switch to custom Greetings and call recordings to add a more personal touch.
- Switch to team presence to know which team members are online and available.
- Install the Nextiva App for a mobile device.
How Much Does Nextiva Fax Cost?
Nextiva Fax is an online faxing service that allows users to send and receive faxes using a computer, smartphone, or email. Nextiva Fax has various plan options, including monthly subscriptions and a pay-as-you-go option. Plans start at $4.95 per month with unlimited incoming faxes but only one outgoing fax allowed each day. For more outgoing or incoming faxes, users can purchase add-ons for $3/month and up to six hundred minutes of use per year (not all in one year). Nextiva Business Basic Plan ($17/month) – For users who just need basic functionality without any added frills, Nextiva offers a more affordable option than their standard package. Their Business Basic Plan includes 100 sent and received pages per day and 10 saved pages.
Is Nextiva Fax Safe and Legit?
Nextiva Fax is a safe and legitimate way to send and receive faxes online. However, there are some security concerns that you should be aware of before using this service. First, Nextiva Fax uses an unencrypted connection, which means that your faxes could be intercepted by third parties. Second, the service does not have a way to verify the identity of the person you’re sending a fax to, so it’s possible for someone to impersonate someone else and send malicious faxes. Third, if you don’t keep your account up-to-date with accurate information, like email address or credit card number, then no one will be able to contact you. Finally, if anything happens to Nextiva Fax (e.g., the company goes out of business), then all files stored on their servers will be lost forever.
Is Nextiva Fax HIPAA Compliant?
Yes, Nextiva provides secure and reliable communications to every customer regardless of their industry. For HIPAA-compliant accounts, we limit some functionality to protect private patient data. Doing so helps businesses stay in compliance without any changes on their part. Nextiva also executes a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) that addresses our covered services and states the privacy, security, and breach notification rules required for business associates under HIPAA.
Best Alternative to Nextiva Fax: Dingtone Fax
Dingtone Fax is the best alternative to Nextiva fax services with its low monthly price, robust features, and top-notch security. Plus, you can get started with a free trial. Here’s what you need to know about Dingtone fax.
- Easily to send and receive fax anytime and anywhere
- Directly fax images and documents from any source
- A dedicated fax number, local or international
- Allows you to edit and preview fax documents
- Provides fax cover sheet templates for different purses.
- Allows you to sign your documents
- End-to-end encryption to protect your privacy
- Tracks the status
If you’re looking for a replacement for Nextiva fax, Dingtone Fax should be your first stop. It has all of the features you’re used to, it won’t break the bank, and it even comes with a great customer service team that will answer all of your questions. Give Dingtone Fax a try today!